When will registration for participants open?
- Registration for participants will open on 25 September 2023. Please check this website for more information.
How do I register?
- Please click here for information on how to register as a participant for the annual conference of Saudi Youth for Sustainability, 2023 Thriving Together
What is the requirement to register?
How much does participation cost?
- Registration has a fee of 150 SAR for Young Changemakers (students), and 350 SAR for Impact Supporters (employees). Each participant is responsible for their own travel arrangements and related costs, including flight, and accommodation.
Are the registration fees refundable?
No, they are nonrefundable.
What is included in the registration fee?
Please note that we do not cover your flights, airport transportation, and accommodation.
Can I participate virtually?
- Partially. The conference panel discussions and keynotes will be live-streamed on the KAUST Youtube channel. But the workshops and competitions will be only in person.
- Follow the event using #SYS2023 on social media
Will I receive a certificate of participation?
- Yes. You will receive the certificate of participation on the email that you registered with upon request.
Is there financial aid or scholarships available for attendees?
- For Students only: If you have extreme difficulty paying the registration fee, please provide your justification below and you might be eligible for fee waiver.
What is the cancellation/refund policy?
- Payments are non-refundable.
Who are the keynote speakers and guest presenters?
- the speakers page is being continually updated. For the latest confirmed speakers, click here.
Can I present my own project at the conference?
- Yes. We will host a poster competition to highlight young changemakers' efforts in sustainability. The deadline for submission is September 30. Learn more about the competition here.
Are there networking events planned during the conference?
- Yes, there will be multiple opportunities for you to interact with other participants and the speakers.
What is the official website for updates and networking?
Will the conference be in English or Arabic?
- Most of the events will be live-translated. Events in English will be translated to Arabic, and vice versa. Headphones will be provided at the venue for this purpose.
Will there be exhibitors or sponsors at the conference?
- Yes, if you are interested, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Where is the conference?
- The annual conference of Saudi Youth for Sustainability, 2023 Thriving Together will take place at the KAUST, located in Thuwal, Saudi Arabia.
A detailed program of the events with their location will be provided to you upon registration.
Are there any accessible facilities?
- Yes, the facilities are wheelchair accessible
Will there be Wi-Fi at the venue?
- Yes, KAUST Guest wifi will be provided at the venue
Where should I stay?
- There are a limited spots for accommodation at KAUST for an extra fee. In the registration form, you can express your interest to be considered for eligibility of accommodation at KAUST
- The closest big city to KAUST is Jeddah. The participant can select a hotel of their choice in Jeddah.
How do I travel to Jeddah?
- King Abdulaziz International Airport is the airport of Jeddah. It is approximately 1 hour from KAUST, where the SYS conference 2023 will take place. Each participant is responsible for their own travel arrangements from the airport to their hotel.
How do I get to the venue?
- Bus Transportation to KAUST will be provided from Habitat Hotel in Jeddah from November 2 to 4, 2023. The schedules will be provided prior to the conference.
- We encourage everyone to use the provided buses
For further questions or assistance, contact email@example.com